Coolingmist Water Methanol Injection Kits
Coolingmist offers easy to install water methanol injections systems that are available for naturally aspirated and forced induction petrol and diesel applications.
No supercharger or turbocharger system is complete without a water methanol injection system. Whether you’re running an intercooled system or not, the benefits gained from alcohol injection are so profound, you simply can’t afford to run without one once you understand and realize the benefits of it.
Benefits of water methanol injection
- Lower air temperatures by 10-120 degrees C
- Reduces cylinder temperatures by 90+ degrees C
- Reduce EGT’s by up to 120+ degrees C
- Allows you to safely run more boost and/or timing
- Increase your pump fuel by 10-15+ RON points (diesel: 2-3 MON points)
- Cools and protects the tops of your pistons
- Longer more stable combustion expansion and progression
- Removes carbon build up from combustion chambers, pistons and valves
- Reduces & helps eliminate damaging engine detonation & pre-ignition
- No need for expensive racing fuel or additives
Coolingmist Stage 1 Non-Progressive Water Methanol Injection Kit
The all new Coolingmist Stage 1 water methanol kit has been re-designed from the ground up to give you the highest performing Stage 1 water methanol injection kit, while adding simplicity.
The Coolingmist Stage 1 kit comprises of:
• 300psi pump. Built with EPDM seals to assure higher heat tolerance and full methanol compatibility. This pump is our new 1.3 GPM pump. Pre-set at 200psi.
• Adjustable boost pressure switch (1-25psi)
• Check valve. We added a new feature. A 40 micron mesh filter in the inlet of the check valve. This prevents any possibility of contaminants from holding the valve open and this filter is the ONLY filter needed on your system.
• Super Atomizing Nozzle
• Nozzle holder
• 4.5m of high pressure nylon hose. Burst pressure of over 1000 PSI. Kink resistant. Semi-clear so you can look and see where the fluid is. If you are trouble shooting it makes all the difference to see if you have fluid in the line or not.
• All fittings and connectors
Coolingmist Stage 2 Progressive Water Methanol Injection Kit
CMGS Stage 2 Kit (Round Controller) OR VC2 Stage 2 Kit (Square Controller)
Meant to be simple, this kit offers high performance and a digital display that shows boost in real time as well as vacuum.
The Coolingmist Stage 2 kit comprises of:
• Controller: On the 3 digit center display, this controller can display: boost in PSI or BAR, vacuum in negative PSI, MAF or pump duty cycle %. You set the start boost and full boost. As you increase in boost you increase in flow. If you prefer, you can inject based on boost (1-30PSI) shown in PSI or BAR, MAF (frequency based MAF 200 to 11,000 Hz) or if you are normally aspirated you can inject based on vacuum (vacuum is displayed in negative PSI, -30 to 0). The range of the gauge is -30 to +30 PSI. At the top of the gauge are 10 LED bars. Each bar represents a 10% increase in pump duty cycle/flow rate. The controller is 52mm (2 and 1/16 inch) that can fit in a standard boost gauge pod (not provided). This kit features the version 4.11 digital controller.
• Solenoid: This kit has our new 303 stainless steel solenoid that has built in quick connect fittings. These built in fittings eliminate the need to add extra fittings. This prevents leaks, broken fittings or damaged o-rings. This is the most secure and safest solenoid on the market. This solenoid is a coolingmist exclusive.
• Injector and Injector holder: This kit has our new 1 piece injector holder. The tube fitting and injector holder are combined into one. This allows you to eliminate a fitting which eliminates leaks or other issues with having multiple parts. In addition, the hose connection is not just a quick connect but a compression fitting. This is a hybrid quick connect/compression fitting for the most reliable connection possible. The super atomizing injector is the best in the business. A 7/16 nut is in the middle of the injector and the size is stamped on the side. The inside has a spiral threaded stainless insert designed to give the best atomization over the simple pill design.
• Tubing: Our tubing is real nylon 11 with perfect thickness wall. We could save a lot of money by getting POLY, but we will not risk your car. This is the toughest nylon you can get. Burst pressure of over 1000 PSI. Kink resistant. Semi-clear so you can look and see where the fluid is. If you are trouble shooting it makes all the difference to see if you have fluid in the line or not.
• Pump: Our pump is the high pressure 300 PSI pump with built in quick connect fittings. These built in fittings prevent problems with leaky fittings, etc. Built with EPDM seals to assure higher heat tolerance and full methanol compatibility. In addition, this pump has been upgraded from the standard 1 gallon per minute to 1.3 gallons per minute. This gives more consistent flow and better volume.
• Fuse/Fuse Holder: Even our fuse holder is designed to be easy. Just fold the fuse holder over your wiring and then press with a pair of pliers. No shrink wrap or soldering needed. Designed to be simple and reliable.
All our kits carry a 1 year warranty.
Our kits are sold and designed with the intent to run a maximum of 50% methanol. A 50/50 mix of methanol/water is ideal. You can run 100% water or any mixture of methanol up to 50%. 100% methanol is extremely flammable and unsafe unless in a controlled environment. Water plays a key role in cooling your vehicle and enhancing performance. You can also run a mixture of denatured alcohol (ethanol) and water. Never, ever run any type of hydrocarbon such as gasoline, oil or lube through the system.